This grant is available to women and non-binary human rights defenders and organisations in Asia and the Pacific who – on their own or in collaboration with others – seek to implement an initiative, including unanticipated opportunity, that would contribute towards resourcing resilience for their activism.
Grant Criteria 
Women or Non-Binary  Led – women or non-binary human rights defenders must be the primary beneficiaries of the grant, preferably channelled via a women’s rights organisation;
Human Rights Focus – the organisation promotes the advancement of women's and/or LBTQI's human rights using nonviolent tactics or strategies and upholds the universality of human rights;
Strategic Intervention – the grant requested is earmarked for an intervention that responds to unfolding situations or unanticipated opportunities for the protection and support of women and non-binary defenders. It may also be a bold, strategic, creative or innovative in a way that expands current approaches of resourcing resilience for women's human rights and human rights activism;
Time-bound – the proposed initiative must be implemented within 3 months of approval of an application and completed within 6 months thereafter;
Supported or Networked – the defender or the organisation has the support of others involved in women’s human rights, sexual rights or related fields of human rights at local or national level.
Maximum Amount of Grant
UAF A&P provides grants of up to USD $5,000 only. Subsequent applications from the same defender or organisation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Read FAQs here
For inquiries, email us at email@example.com
1 The application must meet all of the following criteria.
2 Non-binary is an umbrella term referring to individuals whose gender identity and/or gender expression are not exclusively masculine or feminine, male or female — thus, are outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity. UAF AP uses this term to encompass androgyny, polygender, genderqueer, gender fluid and a-gender individuals.
UAF A&P grants do not support:
- Cisgender* males or Cisgender male-led organisations or networks,
- Individual requests without endorsement by an organisation,
- Established community or established network affiliation or an UAF A&P advisor;
- Activities or projects for humanitarian crises or natural disasters;
- Activities or projects focused on development aid or charity assistance;
- Projects or activities that are part of the regular programmes of an organisation;
- Regular operating budgets and/or bridge funding (to fill a funding gap).
* Cisgender Males are individuals who identify as male and who were assigned male at birth.