Security and Well-Being Grant
Women or non-binary led – women or non-binary human rights defender must be the primary beneficiaries of the grant, preferably channelled via a women’s rights organisation;
Human Rights Focus – the defender or organisation promotes the advancement of women’s and LBTIQI’s human rights using nonviolent tactics or strategies and upholding the universality of human rights;
Unanticipated and Time Urgent – the specific event or situation being responded to is an emergency or crisis where the defender or their organisation is at risk;
Support for Security and Wellbeing – the grant requested must be earmarked for security measures (e.g., legal assistance, relocation or evacuation, risk assessment and training, security equipment); and/or for well-being needs (e.g., psychological counselling, trauma treatment, medical assistance) of the defender or their organisation;
During or Immediately After Crisis – the grant requested must be intended to support the security and wellbeing of the defender or their organisation during the crisis, or immediately thereafter;
Supported or Networked – the defender or their organisation has the support of others involved in women’s human rights, sexual rights or related human rights fields at local or national level.
MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF GRANT
UAF A&P provides grants of up to USD $5,000 only. Subsequent applications from the same defender or organisation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
WE DO NOT FUND
- Cisgender males or Cisgender male-led organisations or network;
- Individual requests without endorsement by an organisation, established community or established network affiliation or a UAF A&P advisor;
- Activities or projects for humanitarian crises or natural disasters;
- Activities or projects focused on development aid or charity assistance;
- Projects or activities that are part of the regular programmes of an organisation;
- Regular operating budgets and/or bridge funding (to fill a funding gap).
For inquiries, email us at email@example.com
 The application must meet all of the following criteria.
 Non-binary is an umbrella term referring to individuals whose gender identity and/or gender expression are not exclusively masculine or feminine, male or female — thus, are outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity. UAF AP uses this term to encompass androgyny, polygender, genderqueer, gender fluid and a-gender individuals.
 Cisgender Males are individuals who identify as male and who were assigned male at birth